Find all articles here together and search our archives, whether it be Parish News, Events or anything else.
Saturday, November 12, 2022/Categories: History
The following instructions to parishioners were listed in a 1905 historical booklet:
Don't forget it! Remember it well!
1) Remember that the office hours of the Rev. Pastor are, on weekdays, from 9 - 12 in the forenoon; and from 2 - 5.30 in the afternoon: on Sundays and Holy Days one hour before and after High Mass and after the afternoon service.
2) The Pastor is always ready to attend sick calls. For sick calls during the day, i.e., from 6 a.m. to 6 o'clock p. m., he will use his own team: for sick calls during the night, i.e., from 6 o'clock p.m. to 6 a.m., bring your team.
3) Baptisms should be announced beforehand: else, you might not find the Pastor at home. Time for baptisms on weekdays is from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Sundays and Holy Days after the close of the afternoon service.
4) The churching of women should take place on Saturdays. Don't come on other days except for urgent reasons. No churching of women is done on Sundays and Holy Days.
5) Remember that you are no church member if you do not keep the rules of the church and refuse to support the church by renting and paying for a seat.
(6) Every communicant of the parish must have a seat rented in the church; no member of the parish is allowed to stand in the rear of the church. Children who are not communicants may go into the pews with their parents if there is room for them: else they go to the front and occupy the seats reserved for children.
Number of views (1311)/Comments (0)